Does it hurt or not?


Basia Zwolińska  is passionate about tattoos for many years. She opened a tattoo shop with her husband Lucas. Surrounded by comics, art and beautiful Free City of Gdansk we talk about tattoos, plans and new shop. I invite you to read the interview :)


Kasia: Where did the idea for the name came from? (NieBoli means It Does'n Hurt). Does a tattoo really not hurt?

Basia: The name is a bit kind of a joke, because of course tattooing hurts. That's a lot of pain for some people, for other one just a little. I think that depends on person and his attitude. Many people are afraid of pain, but they are gonna handle it to fulfil their dreams. This question comes up very often: Is it gonna hurt? Which place is most painful? What's happening inside the shop should be close to what its name says, that's why we put a lot of attention to make a client feel comfortable during a tattoo session.


How was it with you?

It depends on the place. Until now the most painful for me was a side part with ribs, the place is very sensitive and the skin really delicate. But I love tattoos. Big part of my skin is already covered by them. I have some experience as a tattoo artist too, so I know how it works from both sides. I understand customer's needs and dilemmas, so I can give them some advice and support. I decided to move it to the field of business. My husband is a tattoo artist and NieBoli is our common idea where everyone gives a lot from himself. That's the opportunity to share our experience and passion. This job gives us a lot of joy :).

What exactly do you do in NieBoli?

I'm the manager and I take care of our guests during the treatment. I care about high-quality service. I'm crazy about hygiene and safety. Lukas uses only very good equipment and inks. It may seem obvious to you, but unfortunately it frequently isn't. Such things as short breaks, something to drink, calming music – that's details, but they make our guest more relaxed.

Treatment, you talk about this like it was a surgery :).

Tattooing is interaction with human body, and there is no compromise.


Do you like working with people? Tattoos are connected to stories, expression of their own "I" but also a lot of doubts.

I really like it, working with people is a lot of fun for me. I'm always ready to talk about tattoos. Together with Lucas we do our best to dispel all doubts of our guest. Before sitting on the stool the client should be 100% sure about his decision.

This is important. I've heard some people fear of rejection from the society, if they come up with the idea for the proverbial flower or butterfly.

Yes, I've heard this too. Leaving the demonic image of the tattoo world differs our shop. We express it in treating the client and the design of the shop itself. We are open to all people and theit ideas. This does not mean though, that we like catalog designs. Every time we try to offer something unique.

Do you have some plans for a new tattoo?

Yes, I do. For now I have to complete the work on the arm with the figure of Anubis, and Lucas will take care of it at the next session. I also have some ideas for more tattoos, for example I would like to have a tattoo with a theme of my favorite video game.

You're about to run a blog, what you want to say?

The blog will be mostly about the tattoos and everything connected with this subject – people, art, culture, medical aspects. In the beginning I want to answear the questions I hear every day, show how tattooing looks like and how to take care of a tattoo. Coming soon :)

Thank you for the interview, and I invite you to the shop :)


Tattoo Shop NieBoli
Ogarna 102 Street
Gdańsk, Poland

0 komentarze:

Prześlij komentarz

 

Napisz :)

heyladiesblog[at]gmail.com

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

:)